"Today, we are pleased to announce the biggest advancement in iPhone." -Tim Cook
The much anticipated Apple event occurred this morning in Cupertino, CA. Here, they announced some of the latest features integrated into the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- Much larger screen. iPhone 6 has a 4.7-inch display. iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch display.
- The cover glass is made up of a Retina HD display.
- There is a updated Home screen for landscape mode.
- iPhone 6 has a 8MP iSight camera, 1.5µ pixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture, with an all new sensor.
- The predictive keyboard learns your conversation style and helps you answer accordingly.
- The new Health app gives you a detailed look at your health and fitness data.
- See how much faster and easier it is to pay with Apple Pay
- Pre-order your iPhone 6 starting Sept. 12
|Photo Credit: Apple.com|
Siri also made it's way into the Apple Watch. The iPhone 6, 6 Plus, and Apple Watch all run iOS8, which made some significant updates to Siri. Though, the event did not mention Siri much, back in June at Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference, they mentioned some of the updates Siri will be getting in iOS8.
- Shazam song recognition
- Voice activation, all you have to do is say "Hey, Siri."
- Streaming voice recognition
- 22 new dictation languages
- Purchasing iTunes content
Do you think this face lift be enough to keep Apple on top of the Virtual Assistant game, competing with Android's Google Now and Microsoft's Cortana?