In the past we have talked a lot about some of the cool features most people didn't know about Siri. For this week's Virtual Agent tips and tricks blog, I wanted to share with you some lesser known features, about Google Now. Here are "9 Things You May Not Have Known About Google Now." (2014, Daniel Bean, Yahoo! Tech)
1. You can ask specific question to bring up information cards.
2. You can say, "Hey, Google" to launch the app.
3. Google can learn your relationships to contacts.
4. There are plenty of fun tricks and Easter eggs.
5. You can make Google Now smarter through a survey.
6. Android Wear watches can run Google Now, too.
7. It features a handy tip calculator.
8. Google Now is available on your PC.
9. It can identify music and TV programs just by listening.
As you can tell, some of these features definitely overlap with Siri features such as learning contact relationships, but others are unique to Google Now like being available on wearable devices and using information cards to answer specific questions.
There is always heated debates about which Personal Virtual Assistant is the best: Siri, Google Now, Cortana, Watson, etc. Just check out the commercial Microsoft put out emphasizing the rivalry between Siri and Cortana.
What is your opinion on the virtual rivalries? Which virtual assistant do you use, or would you use? Why?